::the food chicks::

two berkeley girls love food and love talking about food

May 10, 2005

Puccini & Pinetti B+

Last week, my supervisor at my internship in San Francisco treated me out to lunch for my last day in the office. Since our office is right in union square, we just scooted over to Puccini and Pinetti's at 129 Ellis Street. I've passed by the joint before (diagonal from a foodchick favorite : First Crush) and have noticed it being particularly crowded on previous ocassions. Arriving at about 1:00, we were seated right away, however. The lunch menu boasted a wide array of antipastis, soups/salads, sandwiches, lunch sized pastas, etc. Both my boss and I opted for some panini (grilled sandwiches). I chose the MARINATED FLANK STEAK WRAP WITH TOMATOES, ARUGULA, AND CARAMELIZED ONIONS and she had the GRILLED CHICKEN, SWEET PEPPERS, TOMATOES, ARUGULA, AND BASIL PESTO, ON FOCACCIA BREAD. Both were about $10 each and were accompanied by mini tossed salad.

As we chatted, we dipped blocks of soft foccaccia in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Our food came out shortly and it was delicious. My wrap was nicely plated with grill marks abounding. The flank steak was a bit overdone in some areas, but the soft naan-like wrap that it came in, along with the sweet carmelized onions and special sauce, helped make up for that fact. My boss's sandwich was reported as being quite delicious.

The price is decent for the quality of the food and service! I wouldn't mind checkin in for dinner and trying out their selection. So, the final review, good as expected- business lunch worthy, yes!

til next meal,
melissa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home