::the food chicks::

two berkeley girls love food and love talking about food

February 26, 2005

Bittersweet: the chocolate cafe A+

After the trip to Gregoire, Jane and I headed to Bittersweet: the Chocolate Cafe. Thanks to daily candy : San Francisco (I implore all of you to subscribe to daily candy- daily updated to what's hot in fashion, food, style for various metropolitan areas), I came across information regarding this "kill me now" cute all-about-chocolate store. It just opened about 3-4 weeks ago. Located in the Rockridge District at 5427 College Avenue, they boast about 150 chocolate bars from all over the WORLD, and a menu of exotic hot and cold chocolate drinks and teas.

I enjoyed "Spicy!" ($3.25)- hot and spicy, a kick of pasilla pper and a hint of rose. Jane had "The European" ($2.50)- a deeply chocolate experience. Non-dairy, rich and wonderful. Believe me, the names and descriptions live up to the "experience." It's more than a drink. The spicy definitely had a kick in the back of my throat after the first sip. But it wasn't a kick that lingered- it came and went and left me wanting more.

Their pastry case boasted an awesome selection of croissants, white chocolate macaroons (which we had- light, crispy, and decadent), a bread/butter/chocolate/cheese plate, cookies, a beautiful chocolate German cake, etc.). The chocolate case had a few dozen chocolate pieces- with screenprinted images, exotic flavors, beautiful displayed.

The line was out the door and Jane and I could hear others boasting the praise of DailyCandy for pointing them here. Families, babies, college students sat amongst the green/yellow/brown tables among soft lighting and awesome mixed media pieces on the walls. This place is uber cute and a must check out when you have a free Saturday to indulge your chocolate cravings.

Let me know how it works out for you, cause it's certainly workin on me right now.

Cheers,
Melissa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home