::the food chicks::

two berkeley girls love food and love talking about food

April 10, 2004

Not too many food jaunts this week, but did have a chance to enjoy some quality food with the wonderful Melissa before a SuperB comedy show this week. She's the one who makes the fliers- did you know? We got to head into Wheeler early as we munched on food from Cafe Intermezzo. Since I'm confident that y'all have been there or heard of the place, I review the sandwich that I tried for the first time, the PBHB. I'm one of those girls who always says she'll try something new on the menu but always ends up ordering the roast beef when the friendly tatooed person asks me what I'll have. So I decided to be daring and try the Peanut Butter and Banana sandwich. However, Jen's comments on the sandwich ring true: "why pay for something you can make at home?" And although it was on Intermezzo's famous honey wheat bread, the sandwich was too much PB and not enough banana. And the honey was also probably a mistake. I've decided that with something like a peanut butter and banana sandwich, you really need to customize it to your own tastes. It's not like roast beef au jus, which is the SAME every single place you go. Plus the bread needs toasting, and the PB needs to be crunchy. So moral of the story: stick to your food intuition. But NEVER, EVER ask for extra horseradish in your roast beef sandwich. That stuff will kill you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home